The best thing you can do for your body is to drink water. This liquid has several different powers, which you benefit from daily. From hydrating your body to cleaning your clothes, there are numerous ways it can be used. It can also help change your life and provide numerous health benefits. Our own bodies are made up of approximately 60% water. If you want to record on how much water you consume a day, try the WaterLogged or TapitWater aps.
- Feeling groggy in the morning? Drink water as soon as you wake up. It helps you wake up and your digestive system. After all, your body will need the water post-sleeping for seven to nine hours of not drinking water.
- According the Institute of Medicine, women ages 19 and over should drinking 2.7 liters of water and men need 3.7 liters of water. From the University of Connecticut’s Human Performance Laboratory, mild dehydration can alter your energy level and mood.
- Drinking water can help reduce cancer such as colon cancer by 45% and bladder cancer by 50%.
- Water is essential for the body in circulating nutrients in the body.
- Our skin is requires lots of water to keep the building of new cells. Water can also improve the color and texture of your skin.
- Water can help you lose weight since most people mistake their human urges for needing more food when in reality, you are thirsty. Drinking more water can help suppress you need to eat more.
- If you have any joint pain, drinking water can reduce the pain in your joint’s cartilage soft and hydrated.
- Your digestive system needs water to help flush out waste and bacteria. If you don’t drink water, your body doesn’t flush out the waste and bacteria which collects in the body.
- Water can help alleviate headaches which can be caused by dehydration.
- In athletic events, proper hydration can increase athletic performance while dehydration can lead to weakness, fatigue, dizziness, and electrolyte imbalance.
Picture Credit to Natalia Naboka