How to Save Water during a Drought
1. Conserve water by not running water while you wash the dishes or brushing your teeth.
2. When it rains, collect rainwater to water your garden.
3. Time your showers. The Green Cross recommends you cut off a minute of shower time, which can save about 3,600 litres of water per year.
4. Enjoy cold water? Keep a jug of tap water in the fridge to avoid running the water until it turns cold. Purchase an eco-friendly filtration system for your home to get pure water instead.
5. Don’t waste a drop of water. A faucet dripping water can waste around 15 litres of water a day. Be sure to fix leaking toilets or spinklers.
6. Fitting low-flow adapters on taps and using water efficient showerheads can make a difference.
7. Organic food does not use pesticides. Meat eaters should make a day a week ‘meatless.’ Those who love seafood and fish should make sure they are sustainably sourced.
8. Become informed about embedded water. Apples are 70 litres of embedded water. Hamburgers require 2,400 litres of water!
9. Avoid purchasing bottled water. Use a reusable water bottle with a filtration system to get the purest water possible anywhere.
10. Conserve uses of a washing machine or dishwasher. Only use when there is a full load for dishes or dirty laundry.
11. Recycle as much as you can. Recycle your electronics, papers, plastic, aluminum cans, and cardboard. Recycling one pound of water = 13 litres of water saved!
12. Remember to REDUCE, REUSE, and RECYCLE.
Think of Filtercon when searching for a great water filtration system. Your filtered water will not be wasted with the purchase of our Filtercon Whole House Filtration System. We provide a variety of great products from an Advanced Pure Water Straw to under the counter systems.
Call us for questions and concerns at 1-800-550-1995
To Learn More About Our Environment Friendly Products: Visit Our Website