How did you celebrate Earth Day on Wednesday? If you participated in this environmentally conscious holiday, you weren’t alone. Over 190 countries in the world vowed to protect their planet in 2015. Many events took place all over the world, including a carnival and beach cleanup in Madagascar, collection of litter around the Great Wall of China, and an environmental film festival right here in our very own state of California. Some of you are thinking, “But Earth Day is only one day!” And to those, I say you’re wrong. We should be celebrating Earth Day every day! In the United States, California has been hit with a serious drought. So to be extra conscious about our drought and continue in the Earth Day spirit, I’m giving you 8 ways to be water-wise every day!
1) Turn off the faucet!
- Turning off your faucet when brushing your teeth can save a lot of water. Little steps like these may seem small, but add up and are effective on a larger scale.
2) Buy a filtering water bottle.
- Buying a reusable water bottle rather than buying single bottles of water can save a lot of money. But, buying a filtered water bottle can save a lot of money and also be beneficial to your health. It’s important to filter the chemicals out of faucet water so that you don’t ingest them. We recommend our Filtercon one that filters 300 bottles worth of water.
3) Make sure your pool/pond is equipped with a re-circulating pump.
- Re-circulating pumps help by putting pool/pond water back into it when it doesn’t need to be cleaned. These settings are usually in use when no one is using it and can save hundreds of gallons of water.
4) Take shorter showers.
- Limiting your shower time to less than 5 or 10 minutes can really help conserve water in your home. So wash, rinse, and get out!
5) Water your grass less.
- Everyone likes to keep a healthy lawn, but over-watering your grass can not only waste water, it also doesn’t even help because the top water evaporates quickly! Watering 1-2 times weekly is enough.
6) Only run the dishwasher when full.
- Turing on your dishwasher once a day can be extremely wasteful, especially when you’re only cleaning a couple of dishes! So fill your dishwasher until it’s full before pressing Start.
7) Encourage others!
- Teaching others how to be water-conscious maximizes the amount of water saved tenfold! So start right now by showing your family how to use less water with the other 7 steps shown here.
8) Buy a sustainable filtered water system
- Did you know that buying a sustainable filtered water system can save you money, time, and increase your health? Filtercon Technologies has a whole-house system that can put clean, filtered water into every spout in your house. Check out how our advanced technology works by clicking on the link below and scrolling down to the video at the bottom of the page!
How Filtercon Technologies whole-house system works
If you want to learn more ways to conserve water in your daily life, wateruseitwisely.com has can show you 100+ ways to save water. Let’s celebrate Earth Day every day!
Posted in Articles, Tips & Tricks
Tagged bottled water, california, Clean, conscious, drought, Earth, Earth Day, Environmental, filter, hazardous chemicals, holiday, planet, reusable, save money, sustainability, sustainable, water, water filter
At Filtercon, we are thinking of all our customers from all over. Here is an article on hurricane preparation for Filtercon costumers in hurricane-prone states.
Before a Hurricane
To prepare for a hurricane, you should take the following measures:
- To begin preparing, you should build an emergency kit and make a family communications plan.
- Know your surroundings.
- Learn the elevation level of your property and whether the land is flood-prone. This will help you know how your property will be affected when storm surge or tidal flooding are forecasted.
- Identify levees and dams in your area and determine whether they pose a hazard to you.
- Learn community hurricane evacuation routes and how to find higher ground. Determine where you would go and how you would get there if you needed to evacuate.
- Make plans to secure your property:
- Cover all of your home’s windows. Permanent storm shutters offer the best protection for windows. A second option is to board up windows with 5/8” exterior grade or marine plywood, cut to fit and ready to install. Another year-round option would be installation of laminated glass with impact-resistant glazing. Tape does not prevent windows from breaking.
- Install straps or additional clips to securely fasten your roof to the frame structure. This will reduce roof damage.
- Be sure trees and shrubs around your home are well trimmed so they are more wind resistant.
- Clear loose and clogged rain gutters and downspouts.
- Reinforce your garage doors; if wind enters a garage it can cause dangerous and expensive structural damage.
- Plan to bring in all outdoor furniture, decorations, garbage cans and anything else that is not tied down.
- Determine how and where to secure your boat.
- Install a generator for emergencies.
- If in a high-rise building, when high winds are present, be prepared to take shelter on a lower floor because wind conditions increase with height, and in a small interior room without windows. When flooding may be occuring, be prepared to take shelter on a floor safely above the flooding and wave effects.
- Consider building a safe room.
- Purchase a water storage barrel from Filtercon with virus pump. You’ll be able to store copious amounts of water and get safe water by using the pump to filter out any bacteria or viruses.
Hurricanes cause heavy rains that can cause extensive flood damage in coastal and inland areas. Everyone is at risk and should consider flood insurance protection. Flood insurance is the only way to financially protect your property or business from flood damage. To learn more about your flooding risk and how to protect yourself and your business, visit the Federal Insurance and Mitigation Administration (NFIP) Web site,www.floodsmart.gov or call 1-800-427-2419.
One of Filtercon’s biggest customers was Dr.Batmanghelidj. He was the author of Your Body’s Many Cries for Water. He understood how important it is to have good, clean, pure water for your body. Here are some wonderful tips on keeping you hydrated throughout the day.
- By the time you are thirsty, your body has lost more than 1 percent of its total water.
- Up to 60% of the human adult body is water.
- Drinking water helps flushes out bacteria and keeps the mouth moist.
- Drink water instead of drinking high calorie beverages to help control calories.
- Cold water can reduce inflammation
- Water helps your kidneys by transporting waste products in and out of cells.
- Maintaining good hydration can help maintain normal bowel function.
- Drinking water instead of three sugary drinks a week for a year could save 6,084 grams of sugar, which is 24,336 calories.
- Alkaline water provides superior hydration and nutrition at the cellular level.
- Alkaline also detoxifies cells more efficiently than standard drinking water.
Get fresh, pure water for your home today with Filtercon’s Whole House System.
For added protection, get the Filtecon Whole House System with Ultraviolet Disinfection.
Filtercon Whole House Ultraviolet Disinfection System
Our Ultra-violet (UV) light is 99.9% effective against disease causing micro-organisms such as E. coli. By exposing contaminated water to high intensity UV light disease causing micro-organisms are rendered harmless.
Filtercon offers Whole House Ultraviolet Systems, as well as small units for under the counter ultraviolet sink faucets.
Ultraviolet disinfection systems are safe, proven to be effective , and have been used worldwide for many years.
Ultraviolet units can be installed alone, or together with a whole house filter, or with an under the sink filtration unit.
Posted in Articles, Tips & Tricks
Tagged Alkaline Water, bacteria, calories, cold water, disinfection, drinking water, Filtercon, reverse osmosis, ultraviolet, water filtration, Whole House System
Photo by Darwin Bell
1. Restores the pH balance in the body.
- The antioxidant minerals in water, such as magnesium, calcium manganese and zinc, can help neutralize harmful free radicals in the body. Ionized Alkaline water tastes lighter with a pleasantly sweet flavor than comparable non-ionized alkaline mineral water. Some minerals, such as calcium are 30% easier absorbed from water than from food based sources.
- A higher pH in the body reduces the need for fat and cholesterol to protect the body from damaging acids.
- Negatively charged hydroxyl ions, (OH -) found in abundance in alkaline water, act as natural antioxidants and donate electrons, neutralizing harmful free radicals.
- Alkaline water tastes lighter with a pleasantly sweet flavor.
- Improves the body’s absorption of essential nutrients
- Improves body function by cleaning your cells from the inside out.
- Using water with a higher pH level improves the taste of beverages and food.
- Cooking with alkaline water improves the taste and quality of foods and using acidic water when boiling eggs improves their quality.(Minerals must be present in your tap water to be present in your ionized alkaline water.)
2. Provides superior hydration and nutrition at the cellular level.
- Ionization breaks clusters of water molecules into smaller micro-clusters, reducing the size of the clusters from the 11-16 molecules in standard water to just 5-6 molecules in ionized water. Smaller clusters pass through cell walls more easily and hydrate the cells more quickly.
- Faster hydration allows the body to regulate its temperature more efficiently
- Micro-clusters of mineral-bearing ionized water also deliver nutrients more efficiently to the cells.
3. Detoxifies cells more efficiently than standard drinking water.
- Alkaline water raises the pH of your urine, which may help excrete acidic toxins in the body using a process called ion-trapping. Doctors use this method to detoxify poisoning victims in the emergency room. Drinking alkaline water may stimulate a much milder form of ion trapping than doctors use.
- The negative charge of ionized alkaline water will attract the positive ions of acids and neutralize them within the body.
Interested in getting alkaline water for your home?
Purchase Filteron’s Incredible 4-Stage Alkalizer
At Last, Affordable Alkalized Water. Why pay over a thousand dollars or more for a multi-level sales company machine. Our 4-Stage under counter filter, both filters and alkalizes your water economically. Fresh filtered water at your fingertips whenever you want it. Our Alkaline filter module provides 8-10 pH filtered water.
The alkalization process:
- Tourmaline ceramic emits infrared rays and negative ions
- A Pi ceramic layer increases pH and increases oxidation reduction of the water molecule.
- An additional ceramic layer emits additional infrared rays.
- KDF redox layer reduces heavy metals and scale.
- Calcor quartz media imparts a refreshing mineral taste to the water.
- The water is thoroughly filtered.
The filtration process:
Stage One: Sediment Filter, 5-Micron Polyspun Cartridge, 2 1/2” dia. x 9 3/4″ long – Polypropylene 5 MICRON filter for removal of sand, silt, dirt, and rust particles.
Stage Two: Activated Carbon Block Filter .05 Micron, 2 1/2” dia. x 9 3/4″ long – Carbon filters are effective at removing chlorine, sediment, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) from water.
Stage Three: Activated Carbon Block Filter .05 Micron, 2 1/2” dia. x 9 3/4″ long
It comes with a small storage tank to ensure a supply of fresh alkalized water is always ready for you. (Installation of Alkaline System and tank additional).
Give us a call for more information: 1 (800) 550-1995
BOTTLED WATER ISN’T NECESSARILY CLEANER: According to the San Francisco Chronicle and lawsuits from the Environmental Law Foundation, 40% of bottled water is really just repackaged tap water. Maybe that’s a good thing, considering federal standards for tap water are actually higher than those for bottled water.
BOTTLED WATER AND OIL: Supplying Americans with plastic water bottles for one year consumes more than 47 million gallons of oil, according to the Container Recycling Institute. That’s enough to take 100,000 cars off the road and 1 billion pounds of carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere. Add in the additional amount of oil it takes to ship the bottles thousands of miles from extraction source to recipient, and your drink of H2O could be categorized with the “Hummers” of the world.
BOTTLED WATER AND BIODEGRADABILITY: Buddha’s bones turned to dust a long time ago. But if he had been a bottled water drinker, that plastic would still be laying around. It takes two minutes to drink a bottle of water, but it takes thousands of years for that piece of plastic garbage to go away.
SOLUTION: Buy a water filter and a non-plastic water container of your preferred size. Fill it up in the morning before you go to work or school. Do a quick online search, and you can also find affordable portable water filters for when you are traveling. You’ll save yourself and the environment a lot of expense.