Have you ever wondered what’s in those water bottles that you hear about being detrimental to your health but that everyone uses? It’s BPA, or Bisphenol A. But what does that really mean and how does it affect our bodies?
Well, BPA is an industrial chemical that disrupts hormone messages. It’s been used since 1960 to make certain plastics; water bottles, baby bottles, toys, and some consumer goods. Some canned goods not only contain this harmful plastic but also include resin in its deadly composition. It increases estrogen and decreases testosterone. It can seep into your foods and beverages and affects babies the most because of their small body systems. This is very bad because babies need hormones to grow correctly, and BPA blocks them. It has also been linked to Type 2 diabetes and several types of cancers.
Discourse on BPA is highly controversial. But would you take a chance on your health or the health of your family? These days many bottles are required to be labeled if they contain traces of BPA. If you see a recycling symbol on a bottle, you should check for its density. #2 HDPE (high density polyethylene), #4 LDPE (low density polyethylene), and #5 PP(polypropylene) are safe to use. But most water bottles are made out of #1 density. They are intended for a single usage, but it is common for people to reuse plastic bottles even after one use. If you see a water bottle with the #7 recycling symbol, you should probably not drink from it. Reports have said that these water bottles “may” leak BPA. But again, you should always ask yourself if you want to take those kinds of risks for your health…
If you are one of those people that use water bottles from the grocery store frequently or switch out using different water bottles that you haven’t checked for BPA (when you bought it, it should say on the label), then you should think about getting a reusable, BPA-free bottle. Filtercon Technologies has one that not only is BPA-free, but also filters chlorine out of water so that city drinking water is better for your health. If you want to know more about BPA-free materials or Filtercon’s water bottle, check it out on the website http://www.filtercon.com.
Filtercon Technologies is a full-line water filtration company. We have systems for your faucets, under-the sink, or your whole house! Call 800-550-1995 to learn more or visit our website http://www.filtercon.com
Posted in Articles
Tagged babies, baby, baby bottles, beverages, body, body systems, BPA, BPA free, california, cancer, canned goods, chemical free, chemicals, consumer goods, diabetes, estrogen, Filtercon, food, harmful, Health, healthy, hormones, lifestyle, plastic, Plastics, pollution, recycle, San Diego, testosterone, Toxin, toxins, toys, water, water bottle, water bottles
The best thing you can do for your body is to drink water. This liquid has several different powers, which you benefit from daily. From hydrating your body to cleaning your clothes, there are numerous ways it can be used. It can also help change your life and provide numerous health benefits. Our own bodies are made up of approximately 60% water. If you want to record on how much water you consume a day, try the WaterLogged or TapitWater aps.
- Feeling groggy in the morning? Drink water as soon as you wake up. It helps you wake up and your digestive system. After all, your body will need the water post-sleeping for seven to nine hours of not drinking water.
- According the Institute of Medicine, women ages 19 and over should drinking 2.7 liters of water and men need 3.7 liters of water. From the University of Connecticut’s Human Performance Laboratory, mild dehydration can alter your energy level and mood.
- Drinking water can help reduce cancer such as colon cancer by 45% and bladder cancer by 50%.
- Water is essential for the body in circulating nutrients in the body.
- Our skin is requires lots of water to keep the building of new cells. Water can also improve the color and texture of your skin.
- Water can help you lose weight since most people mistake their human urges for needing more food when in reality, you are thirsty. Drinking more water can help suppress you need to eat more.
- If you have any joint pain, drinking water can reduce the pain in your joint’s cartilage soft and hydrated.
- Your digestive system needs water to help flush out waste and bacteria. If you don’t drink water, your body doesn’t flush out the waste and bacteria which collects in the body.
- Water can help alleviate headaches which can be caused by dehydration.
- In athletic events, proper hydration can increase athletic performance while dehydration can lead to weakness, fatigue, dizziness, and electrolyte imbalance.
Picture Credit to Natalia Naboka